Spring is finally here and there is plenty to look forward to. New blooms, warmer weather, and spring showers. Spring is beautiful but it also brings out pests such as raccoons, bees/wasps, moles, and snakes.
Follow these helpful tips to discourage pests from invading your home:
1. Interior Intrusions – Be sure to check around pipes and water-supply lines or where there is any access to water. Check for any damp areas or moisture.
2. Exterior Intrusions – Seal all crevices and any small entry points a pest may find. Check all exterior areas such as breaker boxes and cracked stucco. You might be surprised to learn that mice only need a .25 inches wide opening.
3. Inspect Doors – Any exterior door without a door sweep or proper sealing may give easy access for pests crawl in and enter your home.
4. Maintain Outside – Keep all bushes and plants trimmed back, do not stack firewood next to the home, and clean up all piles of leaves that may be across the yard. Maintaining the outside of your home gives fewer places for pests to hide.
5. Spring Clean – Keeping your home clean is a big step in keeping pests out. Make sure food is stored properly, inspect for any leaks, and keep your trash area tidy.
These tips are just a starting point in order to keep pests out. Spring is meant to be spent outdoors and you’ll want to enjoy it without inviting critters into your home. Contact us at 1-888-223-1223 or click here for more info.