Asheville’s cold months are still here meaning critters are seeking shelter indoors. If you haven’t prepared yourself already you may find yourself sharing space with a wild animal. Key home invaders are squirrels and rats and other small rodents.
Some of you may find rodents as innocent because of their appearance, but it is quite the opposite. Rodents are prone to carrying diseases like Salmonella and Hantavirus that can quickly spread to your pets or children. They also tend to live in walls and end up chewing through wallboards and electrical wiring.
Here are a few tips to keeping pests out throughout winter:
1. Store items in plastic containers rather than cardboard boxes.
2. Keep food airtight and regularly dispose of garbage.
3. Store firewood 20 feet away from your home and 5 feet off the ground.
4. Seal any cracks or holes on the outside of the home, especially areas where there are utilities and pipes.
5. Install a screen over your chimney vent.
6. If you find rodent feces, here scurrying in the walls, or any other sign of invasion, contact a professional immediately.
We also handle any damages caused by critters and specialize in exclusion barriers to help keep them out for good. Contact us if you have any questions or inquiries and keep all of these tips in mind throughout winter to keep pests away.
Click here if you’d like to request a quote!